When developing a water budget one of the terms that must be estimated is evaporation. To our knowlefge, there is no such data for Deep Creek Lake. It turns out, however, that there is data that was collected at the Savage River Reservoir from 1951 to 1979.
- The Summary Data/a> - This is summry data set for Savage River Reservoir
- NOAA Technical Report NWS 33 - Evaporation Atlas of the Contiguous 48 United States, US Department of Commerce, Jun 1982) - discussed the technology.
- NOAA Technical Report NWS 34 - Mean Monthly, Seasonal, and Annual Pan Evaporation for the United States, US Department of Commerce, Dec 1982) - presents the data.
- Research Paper No. 38 - Evaporation from Pans and Lakes, US Department of Commerce, May 1955) - theoretical basis.
- Evaporation from Lakes and Reservoirs. - A paper published in Monthly Weather Review, January 1932 - theoretical basis.
- Estimating Evaporation from Water Surfaces. - (With emphasis on shallow water bodies) March 2010 - theoretical basis.
- The Evaluation of Pennman's Natural Evaporation Formula by Electronic Computer. - Australian Journal of Applied Science, June 1964 - theoretical basis.
- Estimating Evaporation from Water Surfaces. - CSU/ARS Evapotranspiration Workshop, July 2008 (draft paper) - theoretical basis.
- Estimating U>S> Class-A pan evaporation from few climate data"A methodology to estimate evaporation using just a few commonly available climatic data. - 1994