Links to Organizations that can be helpful to Deep Creek Lake
As elsewhere... a work in progress!
- Association of Watershed and Storm water Professionals
- The Groundwater Foundation is a nonprofit organization that educates people and inspires action to ensure sustainable, clean groundwater for future generations.
- The North America Lake Management Society (NALMS)whose purpose is to is to forge partnerships among citizens, scientists, and professionals to "foster the management and protection of lakes and reservoirs for today and tomorrow."
- The New York State Federation of Lake Associations (NYSFOLA) founded in 1983 by a small consortium of New York lake associations concerned about a variety of problems facing their lakes. Water quality was of concern to nearly all of the lake associations, and little information was available on methods to combat the increasing threat of aquatic invasive species.
- The Hudson River-Black River Regulating District is a New York State public benefit corporation that protects public health and safety by regulating the flow of waters in two great neighboring watersheds in the Adirondack Region: the Upper Hudson River and the Black River.